1. Why are we doing this improvement workshop?
A Social Enterprise, with the mission to provide support activities for a large section of society, faced challenges due to their massive success during the COVID-19 pandemic. Rapidly increasing membership numbers, high demand for their services, and the ever-growing need for more services proved that they needed to grow sustainably. They realised they would need a better understanding of their business before growing any further. Impactara ran a Social Business Model Canvas session to help.
2. What was happening before?
- Rapid increase in membership
- Lack of sight of all the aspects of the organisation
3. How is it now?
- Identified all fundamental elements of the organisation
- Gained clarity on the activities being carried out
- Clear visual of the organisation
4. What has been achieved?
- Social business model canvas completed to better understand the key parts of their business
- Clear understanding of the organisation’s activities
- Clear sight of the main stakeholders
- Mapped out details of each segment in 2.5hr workshop
5. What happened next?
- The Social Business Model Canvas document was shared as a clear picture of the current organisation.
- The details were expanded into a business plan for the use with future funding applications.